I am a Global Virtual Opportunities(GVO) affiliate, so this review may be considered be biased by some. Please read along anyway and see where I’ve been and where I’m coming from on this.
Update: In late 2012, I switched from GVO to a different host, so perhaps I can no longer be considered biased. 🙂 I’m leaving the rest of this review untouched as I did not leave due to issues with service. The links below may or may not work, but they certainly won’t benefit me.
As I’ve grown in my marketing business over the years, I’ve become more and more product focused. This means that I rarely recommend or market anything that I’m not currently using or have not used in the past. I will also occasionally promote products that close marketing friends vouch for.
GVO Web Hosting – the product
My first experience with GVO was before that name even existed. I was first a customer when they were known as kiosk.ws in the early to mid 2000s. I’m not certain of the exact dates.
I was on a mid-level hosting plan and don’t recall any issues with downtime or poor customer service for the several years that I was with them. As I was buying more and more domains, I eventually switched to a different host for less money. At that time, Kiosk was a bit more costly than some other hosts and I did not think that I had a need for the additional marketing tools that they included in their hosting packages.
Fast forward several years.
Now my marketing arsenal included multiple domains being hosted with a couple different hosts and autoresponders. Plus I had a dedicated hosting account with one company for a local ad business I’m working on getting off the ground.
I started to feel that I was getting spread out a bit too thin and it was time to consolidate and cut some costs.
Remembering that kiosk, which had by then become Global Virtual Opportunities, had included various marketing tools with its hosting packages, I decided to take another look.
Well, their pricing was pretty similar with what it was when I left, but with my current need for autoresponder service and their additional inclusion of a video hosting platform and a small video conference/webinar room, I felt it was a good deal. So I decided to sign back up.
Not being a great technical expert I needed help in moving all the content from two other webhosts to my new GVO account. I believe it was 11 different domains at the time. A few hours and a couple support tickets later, everything was moved and operating smoothly.
I have not experienced any downtime that I am aware of over the last 2 years that I’ve been with them.
The few issues that have required interaction with the Help Desk have been resolved in a matter of hours, or minutes.
The quality of their autoresponder and conference platforms has increased dramatically over the years, so I can operate everything under one roof in my marketing efforts with those services.
Global Virtual Opportunities – the affiliate program
For complete details visit the GVO compensation plan.
Unlike traditional affiliate programs offered by many web hosting companies, when you sign up a customer to GVO, they are your customer for life instead of just a one time bounty.
A few highlights of the compensation plan are:
- Customer For Life Residual Commissions: You will receive 5% on any personally sponsored affiliate sales through a maximum of 10 levels
Refer just 2 people and you will be paid a 5% commission down a full 6 levels for life.
Refer just 4 people and you will be paid a 5% commission down a full 10 levels for life.
- Quick Start Bonus: GVO pays a 50% commission on the first month of all your new paid direct sales.
- Secret Bonus(well, maybe not so secret): For every 5 paid clients you bring into GVO within a calendar week you will receive an additional onetime bonus of $100! Bring in 10 in a week and receive $200, 15 and you receive $300, etc.
- Super Incentive Residual Bonus: For every 100 paid clients you bring into GVO over any period of time. Collect a $500.00 Residual BONUS every month on top of your regular commissions!
- Matching Check Bonus: To receive the matching check bonus you must upgrade to, or purchase a product and service from GVO that is equal to or above $44.95/mo.
* Any paid direct sales (direct referral) you will collect a 20% matching check commission on their total sales. Example: If one of your direct sale (direct referrals) accumulates $2000 in downline commissions, you will collect an extra $400 in that month on top of your regular commissions.
They also have multiple weekly trainings at the GVOAcademy on topics that can help with any business that you are promoting. The trainers are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. These classes are a great bonus for newbies and veterans alike.
So, biased or not, for a good part of close to 10 years, I’ve had a very positive experience with GVO.
If you do a search for Global Virtual Opportunies or GVO scam, you can see other people thoughts in addition to mine. Some good, some bad. Process what is said and make up your own mind.
If you decide you would like to be a customer or an affiliate for GVO, you can sign up here or feel free to comment with any of your thoughts or questions.